Thursday, July 30, 2009

slow down...?

A few months ago I signed up for a Twitter account. I basically keep track of all my current events in the triathlon world through this. Also, I usually update what I'm doing or post an interesting article I've read recently. There is an application for Twitter that tracks the words you use most often, hours of the day you've posted comments, who you've responded to, ect. ect. I have sent out 455 tweets or updates on Twitter to date. Of those 455 tweets, the top 5 words I've typed are: work, swim, going, training, and time. In a tie for 6th and 7th place were the words run and bike! For the first few seconds I laughed and thought that it was funny. It's been sitting on my mind now for the past hour and I'm not sure I'm okay with this. Do these 5 words define me as a person? No, I don't think they do. However, the lifestyle that I live closely resembles those words I use most often. The common theme between those 5 words are Go, Go, and Go. I'm constantly on the go. I'm either working, or swimming, or training, or doing something for time. It's pretty clear that I'm out of balance. I'm investing all this time trying to stay busy. Am I taking the time to stop and appreciate what I've been given? This simple thing today has raised so many questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment