Tuesday, July 7, 2009

84 Days to Atomic Man Half IronMan

Distractions. My life has recently been filled with a lot of distractions. Between concerts, late nights, trips to the lake and relationships, I can't find a steady rhythm. It would help if I had someone to keep me accountable for my training but I'm the lone captain of this ship. Overall my training has been sub par. Sure, I train everyday but it hasn't been the quality workouts I've desired. This week I need to swim 6000 yards, bike 110 miles, and run 30 miles. It will be a major test of will and desire to pull out these numbers. My motivation is at an all time low and I'm having to fight back the urge to quit with all my might. I need a spark. Something or someone to light a fire under my ass and get me going again. For the past 6 moths I've got up at 5am to run, swam on my lunch breaks, and biked in all sorts of horrid weather conditions in the evenings, all by myself. My recent feelings toward training are a direct correlation with how everything else is going in my life. I don't really know what to do with anything- my job, career, relationships, future, and my seriousness towards Ironman events. I think the day in day out mental breakdowns in my training are getting to me. I need to regroup and get my head back on straight. I'll be more disappointed with a poor performance in my half ironman race in September knowing I didn't put everything I have into it. That should be motivation enough to keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment