Thursday, July 2, 2009

Honduras Mission Trip

I've been making a serious attempt at working on myself this year. 2008 was horrid and I never want to wake up again and wonder, why have I wasted another year?! I understand the importance of living the life of a servant but I don't understand the potential impact it can have on me. I work with Nashville Inner City Ministries and have seen first hand the unfortunate situations that these kids are raised in. Unfortunately, I have not seen the worst of how our world lives. Most kids would be grateful to have the lives that some poor people have here in America. That's how bad the standard of living is in some countries. About two months ago, I made the decision to go on my first mission trip outside of the U.S. This is a big step for me. In the past 8 months I've made the decision to stop making excuses for not living a purpose driven life. I will accompany the Harpeth Hills congregation to Tegucigalpa, Honduras. We will be building two houses and working with the children in the village. One area of concern is the current situation in Tegucigalpa. If you've been watching the news recently, the Honduran president was kidnapped and sent to Costa Rica. The new president has been appointed the power to lead while negations are being made to return the previous president back to power. The new leadership has begun approving constitutional changes that will start to turn Honduras into a military state, at least temporarily. If the new leadership proves itself to be too aggressive or if the Venezuelan leader (Hugo Chavez) makes good on his threat to forcibly place Zelaya back in power, we may have to make a serious adjustment to our plan. Please be praying about this situation and for all of the people caught up in it in Honduras.

No comments:

Post a Comment