Thursday, July 2, 2009

Impulsive Decisions

A few weeks ago Southwest had a deal to celebrate their 35th year of being in business. To commemorate this day, they offered $35 dollar tickets to almost every Southwest destination. When I saw that I could fly from Nashville to Chicago for $35 dollars, a brilliant idea came to mind. Why don't I buy a ticket to see a day game at Wrigley field and fly back in the same day! Completely genius! After about 5 minutes of searching for a day game that would fit my schedule and the designated dates on Southwest, I had purchased 2 round trip tickets to Chicago and set a date for the game! I am flying to Chicago on July 30th to see the Houston Astros play the Chicago Cubs. Here's the dilemma... what team do I root for? I am from Houston, Texas and have always been an Astros fan. There's no dilemma in that statement but here's the kicker. There is a girl... it's been the root of all my problems since puberty! Kidding but half serious though! Back to my point, there is a girl that i've been interested in for sometime and things have progressed where I asked her to be my date for the game. She is also a huge Cubs fan and knows everything about them. As much as I'd love to root for the Astros, I wouldn't want to be heckled by all the Chicago fans (which I hear they can be rather fiesty!) and my date for the day (which I'm learning rather quickly that she can be pretty feisty!) Also, my dad is a St. Louis Cardinals fan. Not just a fan, a walking encyclopedia of Cardinal baseball facts. He can roll off every world series championship year without pausing, their starting line ups and other random facts about players. Evidently Cardinal fans and Cub fans hate each other. It's a rivalry that has been going on for decades. I'm sure my father knows why but I really don't. Adding to the excitement of this trip is one other detail that will potentially make this the best decision i've ever made. A lot of people dislike the fact that I am always getting in front row, free concert tickets, CMT events, music videos, and sporting events (yes I was just bragging). I don't know how or why it happens. It just does. I just happen to know a lot of important people! When I was at dinner before the Fleetwood Mac concert (tickets were free w/ VIP back stage passes!) the CEO of our company mentioned to me that he has contacts that could get me great seats to the Cubs game. I couldn't pass this opportunity up! These weren't just great seats, they're amazing seats. It's a private box on the 3rd base side behind the cubs dug out! My luck is beginning to be pretty awesome! I'm getting on a plane with no luggage at all, taking a girl who has never been to Wrigley and loves Cubs baseball that I like a lot, sitting in a private box for the game, and flying back to Nashville in the same day! Another epic trip in the works!

No comments:

Post a Comment