Friday, June 26, 2009

Fleetwood Mac Concert

I've been getting a lot of cool opportunities to do some some exciting things. Two weeks ago, the president of our company invited me to see Fleetwood Mac in concert that evening. Believe me, I wasn't his first choice as the girl he was taking bailed on me. Honestly, who cares if I was second choice! I was going to see a classic group perform and I was thrilled to have the opportunity to see them. I met our president, the CEO and his wife out for dinner and drinks at a restaurant/bar called Lime. We started off the night with a bottle of wine that was several thousand dollars! Then we had a private car chauffer us to the stadium for the concert. Our seats were incredible! About midway through the show, one of their managers came over to our seats and gave us backstage VIP passes to meet the band after the show. Evidently the owners of our company and the manager for Fleetwood Mac go way back. Once the show was over and people cleared out of the arena, we went backstage and hung out with the band and a few others guests. The night ended with access to a private bar downtown that is a haven to well known political figures and people of status. Not really my kind of hang out spot but I did meet some rather influential people there. It's always interesting to hear another persons story on how they got to where they are today. All in all, this was another adventure I won't ever forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment