Friday, June 26, 2009

Eric Clapton/Steve Windood

My dad bought me a ticket to see Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood in concert last Wednesday night in Houston, Texas. Fortunately I had a free round trip on Southwest to use or otherwise I would struggle with the funds to purchase the flight home. To say I witnessed two of the greatest musicians ever would be an understatement. As a guitar hobbiest, I have a great appreciation for musical talent. Especially when it's music that is about music. Not the current and trendy pop crap we hear today. Although a short trip, it was the break I needed to clear my mind and return to Nashville refreshed. This concert also marked the half way point through the year. I've made it my goal to not let a day go by where I don't take advantage of opportunities to really live. Reflecting back on previous postings, I think I've done a good job at living each day to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment