Tuesday, May 5, 2009

"Oops I did it again!"

Last night after my run (10.5 miles in 75 minutes!) I went to Kroger and ordered a pizza from Dominos. On the way home the smell was irresistible I could taste it. So I proceeded to open the box and take out a slice to eat while I was driving. I blew on the pizza for a second to cool it down because it just came out of the oven. I took a big bite and was surprised by the burning sensation on the roof of my mouth. Evidently the cheese was still too hot and it stuck to the top of my mouth when I took my first bite. The same thing happened to me last week and has been an ongoing, common occurrence since I was a child. You'd think the roof of my mouth would have developed a callus by now. But it hasn't. So here I sit trying to enjoy a sandwich and all I can think about is my pizza burn from last night... Will I ever learn?! I told my boss this story and she said I've got an issue with instant gratification. Could this pizza burn be a metaphor for my life??!! There may be something to that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment