Friday, May 15, 2009

Aww Crap!

I was in between appointments at the hospital for my back and I decided to go enjoy the beautiful day outside. As I was walking down the street I was thinking about how amazing the sun felt and the light breeze that carried the smell of fresh cut grass through the air. Sounds too good to be true? (which is beginning to be a reoccurring theme in my life!) This is the part where you envision someone awkward walking into a party and you hear the sound of the record player coming to a screeching halt... In the midst of feeling utterly content with the nice weather, I have another sense that kicks in to tell me something is wrong. I feel a wet sensation on my left shoulder, followed by a stench that can only be described as crap. Yes, that is correct, CRAP! A bird had decided that today, he (or she to be politically correct) was going to use the restroom on my shoulder. But not just my shoulder, my brand new white polo from Express I had bought the day before. I find it odd that when I was born back twenty somethin years ago, my life and this birds life were set on a collision course. Not quite the greeting I was expecting! I haven't figured out if this whole situation was just a metaphor for something completely bigger that I can't comprehend. Hopefully it won't be a predictor of future events because really, who wants to get crapped on??!!

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better they say getting pooped on by a bird is good luck. Look at me, I got pooped on in New York City while running around unemployed on an unpaid gig and decided to move back to Texas to go back to school. Doesn't that sound like good luck? Oh, wait...

    ReplyDelete