Monday, May 4, 2009

Firm Foundation

At church on Sunday the preacher ended his sermon with a really good point. "Storms will come... Is your house going to stand."



When events in my life are going as expected, I always forget to upkeep many of the principals I base my faith on. Maybe that explains the tough fall I take when things go from good to bad. It's easy to forget about what's important when you feel like you're on top of the world. The times i've felt the closet to God are when i've been as low as I thought I could ever go. I am reminded in those times how good i've got it, what I need to be thankful for, and my purpose of being. I am also reminded to take inventory of what makes up my life, both good and bad. Why is it that you need God the most when you're on the bottom but rarely acknowledge his presence when you feel that you're in complete control of life. At this point in my life, I'd have to admit that things are looking pretty good. Coinsidently, I've recently been reminded that my spiritual life has seriouly lacked the enthusiasm it used to have. Though my current situation seems very bright, storms will come. The real question I need to ask myself is if i'll be ready for those storms. Will I be able to stand on firm ground?

No comments:

Post a Comment