Thursday, April 8, 2010

Buying Speed

I finally had to say good bye to the Quintana Roo. It was a good beginner bike but was giving me lots of issues. It got me through several small triathlons, a half ironman, 3 bike wrecks and no flat tires over 1,500 miles of pavement! The QR has found a new home though. I found someone to buy her who is training for their first triathlon so I know it's in a good place!



Bikes are a lot like relationships. You ride em' till their too old and then you trade em' in for a new one! I'm kidding... that's wrong to say that... but seriously though. I used the old QR for all it was worth and it was time I upgraded to something that would meet my needs. Here she is!





I found a good deal on Craigslist for a Giant Trinity A1 Triathlon Bike. It fit my budget and had all the options I wanted. Handing the guy that much cash was a little scary but after I rode it for the first time, I knew I had made a good decision. I've increased my bike speed so much! I know it's not about the bike but honestly, upgrading the equipment has been a major part of my increased speed. Since I'm averaging well into the 20's on every ride I do, I felt like it was time for an additional boost in speed. After lots of research, I broke down and got an aero helmet. Here's the new Rudy Project Wingspan!

No comments:

Post a Comment